Start a new topic

Bonjour Service Not Found

I installed the Viking IP Programming application but when I run it, it says “Service Bonjour service was not found on computer” and “installers for 32 and 64 bit versions are included in the Viking program folder in the Start Menu”. What should I do?

1 Comment

Viking IP Programming uses the Bonjour service to locate the Viking IP phones out on the network and display them on the “discover” screen (Bonjour is a software application provided by Apple Inc). The Bonjour application is not currently installed on the PC if you are getting the error message but that can be easily corrected. First, determine if the PC has a 32 or 64-bit operating system.  On a Windows 7 PC, click on the “start” button, go to “control panel” and “system”. The “system type” indicates the number of bits.  On a Windows 8 or 10 PC, right-click the “start” button and go to “system”. The “system type” indicates the number of bits. Next, install the Bonjour program. On a Windows 7 PC, click on the “start” button, go to “all programs”, the “Viking” folder and the “Bonjour” folder. Inside the Bonjour, folder are the install programs for the 32 or 64-bit versions of Bonjour. Install the appropriate version. On a Windows 8 or 10 PC, left-click the start button and a list of programs, apps and folders will display next to the start button. Scroll down the list and select the “Viking” folder. Inside the Viking folder is the 32 or 64-bit versions of Bonjour. Install the appropriate version. Once the Bonjour application is installed, the Viking IP Programming software will open without any error messages.  

Login or Signup to post a comment